Any steak becomes even more luxurious topped with a dollop of this gently tangy Chive and Blue Cheese Butter. The herb butter also goes well with lamb chops and chicken. I love to spread it on crackers served with preserved figs, or the serve it with freshly baked bread.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- a pinch of pepper
- a dash of Worcester sauce
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- Blend all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, cover and store in refrigerator to allow the flavours to develop.
- Soften at room temperature before serving.