This recipe by Lynn Roblin is a great way to bring out the best flavour in pork.
The dried fruits go well with the pork and increase the fiber content.
Pork can handle all the sweet spices, including allspice, cinnamon and clove so feel free to play around with these if you’d like to spice this recipe up a bit.
I like serving this recipe with rice.
- 750g pork fillet
- 50ml brown sugar
- 50ml orange marmalafe
- 50ml beef stock
- 50ml red wine
- 50ml chopped dates
- 50ml chopped dried apricots
- 50ml raisins
- Place fillet in roasting pan. In a small saucepan, heat sugar and marmalade, brush over pork.
- Add stock, wine, dates, apricots and raisins to the roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, for 35 to 45 minutes, or until required doneness is reached.
- To serve, slice meat and spoon sauce and fruit over meat.