A favourite in almost every household and restaurant, this potato wedges recipe can be enjoyed as a snack, side dish, or as a light meal on its own. I love serving it with a juicy steak or as a quick snack with sweet chili sauce or a dipping sauce.
You almost can’t make a mistake with this recipe and if you do, well then you might have just created your own signature version of it.
- 6 large potatoes (peeled)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 C with a roasting pan inside
- Cut the potatoes into wedges about 1 cm thick.
- Boil the potato wedges in salted water for about 5-6 minutes until just tender not soft.
- Drain the potato wedges and pat dry with paper towel.
- Remove the hot roasting pan from the oven and scatter the potatoes in the pan.
- Coat the potato wedges with the garlic, herbs, olive oil, salt & pepper. Use tongs to toss all the ingredients to make sure everything is mixed properly.
- Bake for 10-15 min until golden brown and crispy, turning regularly during baking. Remove and serve.